KEEN MINISTRY LEADERS - UNPAID
- The Timothy Partnership isn’t just for those in paid ministry positions
or apprenticeships – it’s great for every Christian, everywhere.
- There are many students who are studying the Timothy Partnership while continuing
in whatever place God has put them; be it full time work in the secular workforce,
full time parenting, university studies and so on.
Stacey is a one such student… “As a mother of 4 school-aged kids,
I’ve really appreciated the opportunity to study the Bible online through
the Timothy Partnership. I don’t live in Sydney, and this course allows
me to study without leaving home. It also allows me to fit study in around
my kids and ministry commitments, without being tied to a particular timeframe
The Timothy Partnership is currently being utilised by two ministry training organisations;
METRO and MTS.
METRO – www.metro.edu.au
- The aim of METRO is to glorify the one true God who has revealed himself
in his Son Jesus Christ by training others to make him known, who then train
others to do the same.
- Clare is a METRO trainee who works two days a week in a Presbyterian Church
in Sydney while studying the Timothy Partnership two and a half days a week.
MTS – http://www.mts.com.au/
- The Ministry Training Strategy (MTS) works with Christians and Churches
across the nation to help reach all people for Jesus. A vision, a strategy,
and a mindset all in one, MTS is passionate about recruiting and training
workers for the vital task of Gospel ministry.
- As part of their new Pathways, MTS have launched a Hybrid Apprenticeship
option whereby trainees can undertake ministry training while studying theology
part time. The Timothy Partnership is one of the options available in this
- The Timothy Partnership also has students who are studying a subject or
two whilst working in their local church.
- Tim is employed full-time as the youth pastor at a Presbyterian Church in
Queensland, as well as being both husband and father. “Since I am working
full-time, have a family, and live three hours from our nearest Theological
College, I have found it a blessing to be able to study through distance education
with the Timothy Partnership. As a pastor to around 20 volunteers in youth
ministry, as well as my roles in leading youth, preaching and teaching R.E
in the local primary and high schools, I find I’m able to put what I
learn into practice everyday, and enjoy learning about our great God, so I
can explain the gospel better to the people in my community.”
SRE TEACHERS AND CHAPLAINS
- The Timothy Partnership, working through two of the ACT's affiliated colleges, Anglican Youthworks College and the Presbyterian Theological Centre, also works closely with Genr8 www.genr8ministries.org
- The Timothy Partnership will help SRE teachers and Chaplains under Genr8, to gain Theological training by distance education, through the ACT's affiliated colleges, Anglican Youthworks College and the Presbyterian Theological Centre. This will give them the flexibility to remain in their vital ministries while studying.