How it works
When you study online, you receive high quality content, delivered via the best available technology. Your online study will incorporate:
- Audio recordings of lectures and expert discussions
- Set readings and assessments
- Regular interaction with lecturers, tutors and fellow students via the online classroom
The online classroom
Learning online is not a lonely experience. All students are allocated an ‘online class’, which enables interaction with other students, lecturers and tutors.
Limited to 20 students per class, interaction takes place via bulletin board discussions, forums, real time messaging and file sharing. Tutorial style discussion questions help the students think more deeply about what they are learning, and students work with expert tutors to explore the answers.
A typical week
You can choose how to structure your week. As a guide, you should allow six to seven hours per week for each subject. This time will be spent:
- Listening to a recorded discussion for each subject
- Reading the allocated study notes and set readings
- Weekly (compulsory) online forum interaction with your tutor and classmates
- Working on assessment tasks and exam preparation
Click here for a sample unit of online study
Intensive subjects are available
Certain subjects are offered on campus in intensive mode. These subjects are undertaken in just five days, with reading and assessments completed separately. These are not compulsory but can help you complete your course more quickly.
Intensives take place in Sydney in the first week of February and July.
Subjects offered are:
- Youth and children’s ministry
- Biblical overview subjects